Rhea County is the ideal location to build and live!
Rhea County provides safe, small-town living in close proximity to many diverse shopping, dining, cultural and entertainment opportunities. We are conveniently located 30 miles north of Chattanooga, 70 miles south of Knoxville and 110 miles east of Nashville.
LOW PROPERTY TAXES
- Rhea County consistently ranks as having one
- of the 10 lowest county property tax burdens of Tennessee’s 95 counties. Yearly Property Taxes on a $250,000
Combined City and County property tax*
LOW COST OF LIVING
- Cost of Living is 14.5% under the national average (Sperlings 2013)
- Tennessee has the 3rd lowest tax burden in the nation with only a little over 7% of income spent on taxes (The Tax Foundation)
- Tennessee has No State Income Tax